Wednesday, August 08, 2007


To ride the Similkameen Valley, on the Ironman Canada course, is one of the many gifts that make this career rewarding. The dry, mostly bare hills are a fascinating study in the many shades of green and grey that make up this part of the country. In the distance valleys, mountains and rocky bluffs overlap in endless layers. When there is no traffic, you can hear the hanging road signs creaking as they swing in the wind. The squeaking chains reminds me of a ghost town sound effect, something from the remote wild west. I feel totally alone when I hear that sound, and it reminds me of the greatness of my personal dreams.

1 comment:

Timemachine Clan said...

Ms. Lucy, good luck at IMC! Greg and I will be cheering you on somewhere along the climb to Yellow Lake. I will not use indecent language to motivate you...ha! You are my raceday favorite. You truly are inspiring to me.
Hugs,
Yvonne T.